The Old Testament contains accounts of very powerful judgements by God – such as the Flood, the destruction of Sodom, the expulsion of the Canaanites and many examples of divine wrath. Critics of the Bible claim that such a warlike God seems very different to the teachings of love and non resistance that Jesus preached.
• God does not change (Mal 1:6) –His character is very consistent
• God does not enjoy having to judge and punish men –Ezek 18:23 , 2 Pet 3:9
• God does require us to be personally non resistant to evil, but He does not accept or tolerate wickedness. While He is longsuffering , men should never imagine God ignores sin and wickedness . Ecc12:14
• God destroyed nations that were totally immoral , and especially those that would have been dangerous for his chosen people Israel to live nearby.(Canaanites)
• God destroyed cruel and wicked nations like Assyria (see Nahum)
• God destroyed evil cities like Sodom and will do so again in the future. Rev 16:19
• God gave the world 120 years of Noah’s preaching before judgment fell (Gen 6:3), and gave the Amorites hundreds of years before judgment came (Gen 15:16)
• It is fallacious to think that Jesus was all about peace and love- see Matt 10:35 “Think not I am come to send peace on earth , I came not to send peace but a sword”
• Jesus denounced in the strongest terms the hypocritical religionists of his days.(Matt23)
• Jesus predicted the impending overthrow of the Jewish nation. Luke 21:24
• God slew Ananias and Sapphira for dishonesty. Acts 5:1-7
• Jesus predicts very serious judgements to come at his return Rev 19:15-21, 11:18
• God will again move mightily to judge the world Acts 17:31, Zech 14
The real issue here is that men try to make conform to modern humanistic concepts , that do not accept absolutes of right and wrong, and that any God must fit their ideas of tolerance and unmitigated kindness.
God who created the world, and who controls it for His purpose , has and will continue to judge mankind and remove wickedness . Psa 37:9-13
Romans 10:18 “their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world”
Mark 16:15 “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”
Christadelphians – Find us in the C.A.L.S diary (Org.35)
More info on our ‘About us page’ http://bibletruthandprophecy.com/about
On YouTube – Please Click On YouTube Notification Bell 🔔 Next To the Subscribe Button To Be Notified Of New Christadelphian Watchman Videos!
Read a variety of booklets on-line concerning various First Principle Bible subjects.
Christadelphianvideo.org exists to serve the brotherhood in providing both preaching and Study material in video and other forms to assist in the proclamation efforts of individuals and Ecclesias alike and also as a preaching tool in itself.
This website was set up to assist in this endeavour and our aim is to Declare the God of Israel to those who are seeking the truth about the Human condition and the message of salvation found within the pages of scripture (the Bible).
We are a group of Baptised Christadelphians from all over the world who volunteer their God-given time and resources to this cause.