And thou shalt put in the Breastplate of Judgment the URIM and the THUMMIM; and they shall be upon Aaron’s heart, when he goeth in before Yahweh: and Aaron shall bear the Judgment of the children of Israel upon his heart before Yahweh continually” (Ex.28:30).
- 28 And they shall BIND the BREASTPLATE by the rings thereof unto the rings of the EPHOD… that the BREASTPLATE be NOT loosed from the EPHOD.
- 29 And AARON (the high priest) shall bear the names of the children of Israel in the BREASTPLATE of JUDGMENT upon HIS HEART, when he goeth in unto the Holy Place, for a Memorial before Yahweh CONTINUALLY.
- 30 And thou shalt put IN the breastplate of judgment the URIM and the THUMMIM; and they shall be upon Aaron’s heart, when he goeth in before Yahweh: and AARON shall bear the JUDGEMENT of the children of Israel upon his heart before Yahweh CONTINUALLY. (Ex.28:28-30)
SO HOW DO THEY WORK?
HOW WOULD THE HIGH PRIEST GET THE ANSWER?
- “AHIAH… Yahweh’s Priest in Shiloh, WEARING an EPHOD” (1 Sam.14:3).
- “And Saul said unto AHIAH, Bring hither THE ARK of God. For THE ARK of God was at that time with the children of Israel” (1 Sam.14:18).
- “And Saul said unto AHIAH, Bring hither THE EPHOD of God. For THE EPHOD of God was at that time with the children of Israel” (1 Sam.14:18).
- “Saul said unto Yahweh Elohim of Israel, give a Perfect “Tamiym” (H8549) Lot. And Saul and Jonathan were taken: but the people escaped” (1 Sam.14:41).
- “Saul said unto Yahweh Elohim of Israel, why hast thou not answered thy servant this day? If this iniquity be in me or in Jonathan my son, Yahweh Elohim of Israel, GIVE URIM, but if it be in the people Israel, GIVE THUMMIM.
- And Saul and Jonathan were taken: but the people escaped” (1 Sam.14:41)
- “And David knew that Saul secretly practised mischief against him; and he said to ABIATHAR the Priest, BRING HITHER the EPHOD” (1 Sam.23:9)……
- “Then said David, Will the men of Keilah deliver me and my men into the hand of Saul? And Yahweh said, THEY WILL deliver thee up” (1 Sam.23:12).
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE URIM & THUMMIM?
“UNTIL there stood up A PRIEST with URIM and with THUMMIM” (Ezra 2:63).
Who Might that be?
- “For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king,… and WITHOUT AN EPHOD…
- Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek Yahweh Elohim, and DAVID (“Yaviyd” = “The Beloved” ;Christ) their King; and shall fear Yahweh and his goodness in the latter days” (Hosea 3:4-5).